Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,867 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us all here. I’m sure there will be someone along to help with your question. Not in my wheelhouse. We have some very knowledgeable gentlemen here that I believe will be able to help you out. 👍👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us all here. I’m sure there will be someone along to help with your question. Not in my wheelhouse. We have some very knowledgeable gentlemen here that I believe will be able to help you out. 👍👍
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
My pleasure sir. I too have experienced that disappointment a couple of times. I picked up several 1903s over the years and a couple were military. Neither was listed.

Still one of my favorite little pistols. I have one that I shoot when I can find 32acp available, and these days under $1.50 a round. :rolleyes:

I have some 380s but the one somebody plated that I shoot is a 32.

Reactions: WVCOLT

·
Registered
Colt 1911A1, GM/70, GM/80, Scout, SAA, Mustang, Pocketlite 380, M1903
12 Posts
I have a little story about acquiring my 1903.
I was on duty one day and the call went out that someone was at a local bank wanting to turn in a firearm found while cleaning out a safety deposit box. I told dispatch I would pick it up. While on the way I was thinking it would either something really cool or a POS (like a Raven or a Rohn).
I get there and the caller says he had flown down from NY to clean out a relatives SDB after their passing. They take me to the little room and bring me the box and I pull out the soft gun case. I reach in and begin to pull the gun out and I see walnut and blued steel. A little further and I see the Colt medallion. I turn to the guy and say “Sir. Could you do me a favor and not turn this over to the police? ‘Cause we are gonna end up cutting up with a torch or chop saw. And I don’t think I could stand the thought of that. I’ll give you the address of 3 or 4 gun or pawn shops within 10 miles that I guarantee will give you enough for several nice steak dinners.” He said ok. I went to my car to print out the names and addresses of those stores and he comes out and asks “what’s it worth?” I said I wasn’t sure but probably at least 400 or 500 dollars. He asked “what’ll you give me for it?” I told him I didn’t have any money and my partner whispers to me “I got $200.”
I told the guy all I didn’t want to insult him but all I had was $200. No sooner had I said it and he replies “I’ll take it.” I went 10-7 for about 5 minutes and that’s how I got my 1903.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts