Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me in your fine group. I have a 1905 (patient date) colt army special that has a loose cyclinder,,, the crane will move about 3/32 from the frame can someone tell me how to tighten this up so this gun can be returned to use. Other then this problem it's a nice rod. Thanks in advance for any imput,,, Steve:bang_wall:

·
Registered
349 Posts
If the crane lock and screw do not hold in proper posistion when tightened properly it seems that the next step is to check for a sprung crane.
The straightning of this is not an amatuer job-need a reliable COLT gunsmith to do it right in my opinion.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Make sure the little cylindrical 'nub' of the Cylinder Release, is entering the center of the End of the Cylinder deeply enough...if there is old crud in that hole on the end of the Cylinder, the Cylinder Release plunger may not be entering it far enough to make the Cylinder-Crane Assembly stable.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'd bet a sprung crane if everything else mentioned is OK. If so, it is fixable, but not cheaply - assuming you can find someone who knows how. Condition is sometimes called "Gaposis." You might post a head-on picture of the frame-crane gap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.