Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt .25 auto. It is chrome or nickle plated and was given to me by my grandfather. Serial# is 198xxx. Gun shoots great and is in good condition. I might try and trade it at a gun show coming up but don't want to get screwed. How much are these worth???

·
Registered
88 Posts
i dont know anything about that gun but my grandfather gave me a 65 mustang that he ordered new and up graded the way he wanted it , and gave it to me in the 70s and i sold it after i drove it for some years.and now i would give anything to get that car back if i only new who as it i would be at his door with money in my hand trying to get it back.
SO DONT SELL IT it should mean more then money to you he didnt give it to you to sell.
mabe not what you were looking for but thats what i think about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am going to have to agree with Bad Shot, I would just hang on to that little Colt if I were you. I think you will probably regret selling it later. As for the value it is nearly impossible to say from your description. Is it the nickel or chrome? If chrome it is not original finish. If it is nickel it could have be refinished anyway and refinishing greatly reduces the collector value of a gun...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts