Colt Forum banner

Colt 1908 .380 Hammerless Grips

2318 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Obiefox
What years did Colt use the grips shown in the pictures? This is my oldest Colt Hammerless and I am not as familiar with this style of grips. Thanks for your help?
See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
I do notknow the years but the finish looks great on that thing. Beautiful fire blue!

Here are some pictures of the gun. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pictures. I am guessing a 1911 year of manufacture. If the experts would chime in with information I would appreciate it.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
That general style (Colt banner with straight borders and rampant colt) was used 1911-1924. The stylized "C" around the rampant colt was used during part of that period.
1911 to 1913. They are correct for your M1908 made in 1911.
Reactions: 2
Thanks so much! For some reason, I cannot walk away from the 1908s.
Thanks so much! For some reason, I cannot walk away from the 1908s.
Me neither, they keep following me home.:cool:

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
See less See more
Nice pistol. 1908 and 1903 Pocket Hammerless pistols are among my favorites by Colt.
ei8ht, nice looking .380 hammerless. Thanks for your help!
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel
Early type ll with the bushing and scalloped grip design.
See less See more

This is probably my favorite one. It shipped in 1924.
See less See more
More a question than a statement, but the grips/stocks on the OP pistol appear dull and not sharp enough for Colt grips. This is the same type on a 1913 manufactured CPH .32., which appear to have sharper detail, and more of a shine.

See less See more
JohnnyP I agree. The OP grips don't look right to me. The texture behind the colt letters is the telltale on these for me.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.