Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
You're welcome. Sometimes just switching calibers in a platform is like rediscovering it all over again. The 38 is underrated and a blast in my opinion. if I were you I would look into a 9mm barrel for it to practice even more on the cheap.

Thank you. I have been a revolver guy most of my life, but this .38 1911 has me hooked!

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm by no means an "amasser", but I now own three 1911's in .38 Super. I've had a Springfield 1911-A1 for about two years. It's nickel, and I love to shoot it. And, in the last three months, I've purchased a Government Model, and a LWT Commander Talo. They're a relatively scarce caliber in my area, so I've jumped on 'em everytime I've had the opportunity.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the world of .38 Super.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Here's my triple combo...38 Super, 9mm Luger & 30 Luger:

Reactions: Colt75

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum and the world of .38 Super.
Thanks, I am loving the forum and the .38 Super. When I got back from my recent deployment my intention was to order a SAA, but I found a TALO Colt Commander .38 Super and had to buy it. Then wouldn't you know, I found the Govt .38 a few days later and had to buy that as well. So much for the SAA fo a while!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Is it true that the 38 super is preferred over the 45 for competition shooting?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Is it true that the 38 super is preferred over the 45 for competition shooting?
The .38 Super, with its lower recoil, and higher velocity potential, can be loaded to a higher power factor than the 9mm. That's one reason why they're so popular in IPSC/IDPA circles.

It's also one reason why .38 Super ammo supplies, and components, are expensive. :bang_wall: :bang_wall:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.