Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I read and heard that colt stopped making 1911's
is this a fact or internet sellers BS lies

PS I can't find a series 70 38super no where . not that I need one I'm just searching for one to get a idea on current prices.

what say the guru's , did colt quit the 1911's production ????

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found a few with advance search on GB but not current builds / all new old stock.
prices are crazy
also look at this ivory stocks for a 1911 and current 33 bids at 2300 plus. you think that there are that many people in same state bidding on this ???
GB# 905407252

·
Registered
681 Posts
Don't know if they are still making 1911's at Colt but I agree with you that people have lost their minds with what they are asking for new old stock 1911's. But a lot of them have sold lately at ridiculous prices. And it is not limited to Colts; other brands of handguns are up there too. I guess a person with a lot of extra cash can afford to pay an exorbitant amount on something they just have to have. I don't have that problem.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't know if they are still making 1911's at Colt but I agree with you that people have lost their minds with what they are asking for new old stock 1911's. But a lot of them have sold lately at ridiculous prices. And it is not limited to Colts; other brands of handguns are up there too. I guess a person with a lot of extra cash can afford to pay an exorbitant amount on something they just have to have. I don't have that problem.
Probably should read "buyers have lost their minds with what they are paying..."

·
Registered
10,989 Posts
All it takes is for someone to start a rumor that Colt has dropped the Model O from the line and suddenly prices rise as people rush to buy them to flip or out of fear they may not be able to find one later. Colt is something like the number two producer of the 1911 platform in terms of numbers manufactured. I can't see them dropping such a cash cow. Maybe a temporary lull for new tooling or to transfer production capacity to more in demand products or maybe CZ has ordered it to streamline procedures...who knows?

It's just as likely an unsubstantiated rumor and sellers are taking advantage of it...remember Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage which started a real nationwide shortage.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
All it takes is for someone to start a rumor that Colt has dropped the Model O from the line and suddenly prices rise as people rush to buy them to flip or out of fear they may not be able to find one later. Colt is something like the number two producer of the 1911 platform in terms of numbers manufactured. I can't see them dropping such a cash cow. Maybe a temporary lull for new tooling or to transfer production capacity to more in demand products or maybe CZ has ordered it to streamline procedures...who knows?

It's just as likely an unsubstantiated rumor and sellers are taking advantage of it...remember Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage which started a real nationwide shortage.
LOL this thread is the funniest thing I have read all day! 100% incorrect.

·
Registered
921 Posts
For the past 15 years, Colt has been expanding its offerings, not cutting back. Colt doesn't produce very many 1911's that just go un-sold.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
I think the delay is due to new roll stamps being made to reflect the CZ ownership in compliance with Federal Laws.

·
Registered
10,989 Posts
LOL this thread is the funniest thing I have read all day! 100% incorrect.
My speculation is just that...speculation. What are the real facts if you know them? A statement without facts is nothing but speculation of your own.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You can't prove a negative. So let's back up, and ask the first question. Is there any ACTUAL evidence Colt is discontinuing anything? I sure haven't seen any. If anything, I have seen quite the opposite.

Colt is shutting down, and 5G causes Covid.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
...also look at this ivory stocks for a 1911 and current 33 bids at 2300 plus. you think that there are that many people in same state bidding on this ???
GB# 905407252
Another ultra-desirable-spectacular-Best-of-the-Best item up for auction from Keystone Arms. Click here.

I've never cared for checkered ivory, myself.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Only if there is something that demonstrates to the shooting public that something changed in the product will pre-CZ guns rise in price. At this point, I'd be surprised if CZ makes any changes to the actual products Colt produces. Colt's problem isn't their product. Their problems have always been in the office. And when it comes to civilian sales, even that side has been pretty squared away the past 15 years.

So there's a good deal of room for improvement with Colt defense, I'd be surprised to see any big changes to the civilian product line.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
I think the delay is due to new roll stamps being made to reflect the CZ ownership in compliance with Federal Laws.
When the acquisition of Colt by CZ was first announced, I saw this rumor all over GB, with prices skyrocketing on what were claimed to be "pre-CZ Colts" or "real Colts".

I'm not too familiar with the laws you're referring to, but Colt isn't importing Model Os into the country; they're made here; so why would they change the rollstamps?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
When the acquisition of Colt by CZ was first announced, I saw this rumor all over GB, with prices skyrocketing on what were claimed to be "pre-CZ Colts" or "real Colts".

I'm not too familiar with the laws you're referring to, but Colt isn't importing Model Os into the country; they're made here; so why would they change the rollstamps?
They are not because there is no requirement to do so.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts