Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am looking for any help to identify when this gun was made and shipped the serial number seems to be a 1913 Navy issue but it doesn't have any marking stating NAVY or ARMY issue? Can anyone help? Its in perfect condition and the serial number on the barrel matches what is on the side, that being said it is in a script on the side? What does that mean I haven't seen that before?

Any help with value and help with date made and shipped would be a huge help

Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Shotgun
Hand Finger Revolver
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@JohnnyP I appreciate the info so is the slide and the body of the gun do not belong together? also did the buffing and blueing hurt the value? Can you give me an idea of the worth? Also was this not made in 1913? I was thinking of sending it in to Colt but from the sounds of it this isnt even a true colt? appreciate it!

· Registered
12,934 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the parts do not belong together. As noted, the receiver is an Argentine Sistema made in 1948, and the slide is Colt. If the barrel has a serial number on top, it too is Argentine. Since it was already mis-matched the buffing and blue don't hurt the value that much, but I would put the value in the $500 range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.