Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all was surfing GB came across a nickel colt mark IV series 70 was wondering if this looks legit I thought the end label and booklet didnt look right? Any thoughtshttp://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=371116755

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I'll let more expert folks comment with confidence about the end label and the manual, except that the manual looks too vivid a green. However, with bums like Vikrant/Blovit(rhymes with bull****)/ColtBoxMan and his stooge Oz C. to make the boxes, I've become paranoid about buying many guns with boxes, their end labels, hang tags, even Hanes underwear and socks (I heard a rumor Vikrant is branching in to undergarments. He wants to be close to home). I sure wish he could meet Gunny.

What gives me pause is this:
"The finish is a combination of polished chrome and brushed stainless."

Really? The guy is a dealer and he doesn't know that nickel Series 70 guns were carbon steel with a nickel finish? He does not mention nickel, he refers to it as hard chrome and he states brushed stainless like that is a finish only, and not a certain type of alloy metal. He's almost as verbose as I am - a long text, consisting of six brief sentences at the beginning and then all that windbag disclaimer crap below the description, 5 inches worth of text, yet doesn't even mention or extend a 3 or 5 day non-shooting inspection. And, he wants $1650? That's too high, IMHO.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
You had me at Carbon Steel
I'll let more expert folks comment with confidence about the end label and the manual, except that the manual looks too vivid a green. However, with bums like Vikrant/Blovit(rhymes with bull****)/ColtBoxMan and his stooge Oz C. to make the boxes, I've become paranoid about buying many guns with boxes, their end labels, hang tags, even Hanes underwear and socks (I heard a rumor Vikrant is branching in to undergarments. He wants to be close to home). I sure wish he could meet Gunny.

What gives me pause is this:
"The finish is a combination of polished chrome and brushed stainless."

Really? The guy is a dealer and he doesn't know that nickel Series 70 guns were carbon steel with a nickel finish? He does not mention nickel, he refers to it as hard chrome and he states brushed stainless like that is a finish only, and not a certain type of alloy metal. He's almost as verbose as I am - a long text, consisting of six brief sentences at the beginning and then all that windbag disclaimer crap below the description, 5 inches worth of text, yet doesn't even mention or extend a 3 or 5 day non-shooting inspection. And, he wants $1650? That's too high, IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.