Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has the flat topped slide and Trijicon night sights front and rear. The front sight is dovetailed. I don't know if these sights came mounted on this Colt or if they were added later. All the pics I see online of this model seem to have a staked front sight.
Would anyone know if Colt made models with a dovetail front sight?
The tritium is very weak and I would like to replace both sights with fiber optics but I can't seem to locate any front sights that match the dovetail size. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jim R

·
Registered
377 Posts
From what I know and have seen, Colt only recently started dovetailing the front sight in the slide. All Enhanced models I have ever seen have a staked front sight

Colt 1911 MkIV Officers Model Enhanced : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

My guess would be it was done when all the other modifications/upgrades were made: adjustable trigger, racer hammer and extended ambi-safety levers. The work looks very well executed.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I know and have seen, Colt only recently started dovetailing the front sight in the slide. All Enhanced models I have ever seen have a staked front sight

Colt 1911 MkIV Officers Model Enhanced : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

My guess would be it was done when all the other modifications/upgrades were made: adjustable trigger, racer hammer and extended ambi-safety levers. The work looks very well executed.
Thanks, that is what I thought as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.