Colt Forum banner
561 - 580 of 586 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone seen new number markings like this before? The numbers “2575” are also on the barrel. My dad doesn’t know much about it, it was passed down to him. Also, would love to know any history on date as well. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Your 1917 went through an arsenal rebuild and received those numbers to keep the parts together. I used to have a 1909 that had those extra stamps.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Yup, post war commercial version. Still nice.

Reactions: hrt4me

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm at the range now to test fire some light loads I made last night, I had also finished cleaning this revolver yesterday as well... no markings on the butt... and I am unsure about the grips, but I would say they are wood

·
Registered
500 Posts
I guess I misunderstood -- thought your reference to the frame number would be the one on the bottom of the grip butt.

But now I notice there is no hole in the grip butt for the lanyard ring. Did the later models eliminate that feature?

Randy

·
Registered
121 Posts
I guess I misunderstood -- thought your reference to the frame number would be the one on the bottom of the grip butt.

But now I notice there is no hole in the grip butt for the lanyard ring. Did the later models eliminate that feature?

Randy
The Army models had a number on the butt that was different from the crane Colt serial number.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Thanks. It has been parkerized for WW2 service with no Arsenal stamps on it. On the bottom of the barrel, on the flat next to the frame are the letters "S" and "P". There are bin numbers from the refinish of 9516 on the parts. Is it possible to know who did the parkerizing?

561 - 580 of 586 Posts