Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...my first semi-auto...I just purchased a like new (only 20 rounds thru it) Colt 1991 A1 (matte black) for $450. Not a scratch on it. Did I do good? It was considerably less than many others I looked at.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
809 Posts
You done good! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That is better than any prices I have seen around here in Ohio.....................

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Mray,

My last duty weapon was a 1991 A-1. I bought it new right after it was introduced. I qualified expert with it out of the box. No problems at all except the el cheapo grips. Colt replaced them but they were el cheapo as well so I put Bianchi rubber grips on it. Seeing those grips my partner asked if it was a commemorative. I think you will be pleased with your purchase.

Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bill. I took it out for a spin last week and was very pleased. I was quite surprised at how little recoil there was for a Compact model (this is my first 45 acp). No problems feeding and was quite accurate as well. I already replaced the rubber grips with some cocobolo double-diamond grips like the Colts come with now. I must admit it looks 100% better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts