Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this a while, I don't know if it's complete or not but it works great on my old GI 1911 using it's barrel bushing, spring guide and plug. I don't see any numbers on it but was wondering if any of you could give me an idea of its vintage?

I'm impressed on how well it shoots - better than my Kimber unit that works on my more modern 1911s. With a better trigger on the GI I bet it would improve even more.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I didn't think that Colt ever made one in Nickel in that time period....????

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I've had this a while, I don't know if it's complete or not but it works great on my old GI 1911 using it's barrel bushing, spring guide and plug. I don't see any numbers on it but was wondering if any of you could give me an idea of its vintage?

I'm impressed on how well it shoots - better than my Kimber unit that works on my more modern 1911s. With a better trigger on the GI I bet it would improve even more.
justsaymo,

With those Roll Stamps (that BOOK in-the-works), most likely, would list your unit as 1950 TO 1954.

Here's some examples of #2 marked Slide Stops.

Best Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANK YOU for the excellent replies.

I'll check the slide stop for a number.

I was glad to get two magazines. Been on the lookout for another but man those things are spendy.

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
justsaymo,

With those Roll Stamps (that BOOK in-the-works), most likely, would list your unit as 1950 TO 1954.

Here's some examples of #2 marked Slide Stops.

Best Regards,

Now we know where all the #2 slide stops are!!. Just kidding but they're scarce.

I knew the first reintroduction of the Conversion Unit the rollmarks were reversed and I wasn't sure when Colt introduced the Accro Sight. This Unit is the same as the one I have. I fit mine on to a Caspian frame and have a SM Clone.

I've found the late production magazines to be out of spec. I'd stay away from ones with a hollow base plate stud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I checked the slide stop and did not find any stamps or markings at all. The blueing on the slide stop appears to match the slide perfectly to my eye. Refinished possibly?

Happened to run across another Colt Conversion unit for sale in town. It has the box and everything. Tempted to buy it and sell this one to cover part of the "upgrade." Don't know if it would shoot as well as this one but getting a complete kit in the box has some extra value to me. Good problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts