Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, glad to be back shooting and on this great forum again, after a period of health issues. Dr's. wants me to start out with a light caliber, as in 22lr. So, I have been looking on the internet for a Colt revolver in 22lr. I have come across Colt Frontier, Colt New Frontier and Colt Frontier Scout. Could some one please give me a simple description of the differences, as most articles I read have a slightly different description from article to article. Thanks for any information you can send my way.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Colt Frontier Scout -- Fixed sight and alloy frame.
Colt Peacemaker 22 -- Fixed sight and steel CC frame.
Colt New Frontier 22 -- Adjustable sights and steel CC frame.

Lots of variations within these three basic categories but this should get you started. Get Don Wilkerson's book on the Colt single action 22s. Very useful reference work..

·
Registered
173 Posts
The 22 lr is certainly a light caliber and now the ammo is more available. The 32 s&w would also fit the bill. You can shoot 32 s&w and 32 long and the benifit of being able to reload. I have 2 scouts IMG_20170314_094239_kindlephoto-60539275.jpg and quite a few 32's. The nickel 32 hand ejector I picked up recently at a reasonable price. IMG_20170928_171020_hdr_kindlephoto-7839542.jpg I keep looking for old pre war Colts but never seen to find them at a price I can afford.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
The Colt New Frontier is really nice imo. We have one and we have a Peacemaker. The New Frontier is nice in that it has the Colt Accro sight, which is nice for punching paper.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Hi JB

I know what it's like to have health issues. A lot of us old timers do but I'm real pleased to hear everything's working out well for you and that you're back up here on the forum once again.

Feels good, doesn't it?

Bud

Gentlemen, glad to be back shooting and on this great forum again, after a period of health issues. Dr's. wants me to start out with a light caliber, as in 22lr. So, I have been looking on the internet for a Colt revolver in 22lr. I have come across Colt Frontier, Colt New Frontier and Colt Frontier Scout. Could some one please give me a simple description of the differences, as most articles I read have a slightly different description from article to article. Thanks for any information you can send my way.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
This may bring a few complaints, but check out a Heritage Rough Rider SA revolver with two cylinders, .22LR and .22Mag.

Mine shoots rather nicely, and is generally available for about $140 on sale. If you get it at Cabelas, they throw in a free year's NRA membership.

Buck

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the information guys. I am headed to Cabela's to check out the New Frontier, as they have two, in their gun library. Lucky day i joined the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts