Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two sets of grips for the Colt Peacemaker/ New Frontier .22 SA's.
The first set is the factory hard rubber (?) checkered type. With the Eagles and Colt. The second, is a set of partially completed ivory panels. There was a discussion of ivory grips over on TRF and how to determine weather or not the grips are real. I am fairly sure these are real.
I have had these for over 20 years and would like to sell them, but I have no idea who to contact to find out how much if anything these grips are worth.

I have pictures if anybody is interested.
J Miller
[email protected]

------------------
Don't draw fire, it annoys people around you.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,895 Posts
I'd call Eagle Grips or any ivory grip maker and price a pair of real ivory grips for your Colt. An unfinished pair would be priced less than theirs. How much less depends on how unfinished they are.
The less finishing required, the more they would be worth.

All this depends, of course, on whether they are in fact real ivory. Sometimes it's hard to tell, unless you're an expert.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a set of real ivory with Colt medallions installed. I paid around $215 for them a couple years ago in finished condition,you won't see many Colt .22 SA's with genuine ivory grips.The original black plastic grips sell from $35-$50 on Ebay depending on condition. I may be interested in the ivories if they just need final fitting.I may be able to tell you if they are real ivory just by looking if you care to send me a good picture.You can also get a needle and heat it red hot and touch it to the BACK side of the grips,plastic will melt and smell like plastic ....ivory doesn't melt. Real ivory should exibit growth rings(like a tree)on the bottom of the grips. Email [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts