Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a colt 22 target model and want to buy some new mags for it.

However, after lookin online some, I haven't been able to find any and read that the mags are hard to come by now a days.
Do any of yall have any idea where I can find some, and how much they would run?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I assume you are talking about a Woodsman pistol. There are 3 different models, the 1st model is pre WWII and uses a different mag than the 2nd and 3rd. The 2nd model magazine has a slot cut into it that works with a release button behind the trigger guard. The 3rd model has a mag release on the heel of the butt. A picture of the gun and it's mag would help immensely!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
See previously forums here on the Colt 22 which is occasionally referred to as the Cadet. I believe the Berretta Neos mag is what you are looking for. The Woodsman and preWoodsman are completely different animals.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Whichever gun you needs magazines for...stay away from Triple K mags. Sometimes they work, most of the time they are just a malfunction waiting to happen.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
If it's the Woodsman based pistol you have, the stainless magazine for the Colt .22 from the late '90s and early 2000s is a direct replacement and much less expensive to find. There should be no problem finding them on ebay.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
A Beretta Neos magazine will work AFTER you modify the plastic floorplate. I've done 2, both work just fine. There is a tutorial on rimfirecentral.com in the Colt Forum. It's an easy modification to do.

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
A Belated Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Sir...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hello Ciri,
Seems to be some confusion over which model you have. Is this it?

This is a Colt Target Model. Beretta Neos mags will work without any modification. The 2 shown have had the floor plates switched out with Colt floor plates. This allows them to work in a 3rd Series Woodsman also. I have never had any problems with these mags in either the Target Model or my Woodsman. They are well made and virtually indistinguisable from the Colts, other than the floor plates. Original Colt mags for the Target Model, if found, will be expensive.

KNO3

Attachments

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I use the Neos mags and have never had a problem.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Ciri,
Seems to be some confusion over which model you have. Is this it?
View attachment 728578
This is a Colt Target Model. Beretta Neos mags will work without any modification. The 2 shown have had the floor plates switched out with Colt floor plates. This allows them to work in a 3rd Series Woodsman also. I have never had any problems with these mags in either the Target Model or my Woodsman. They are well made and virtually indistinguisable from the Colts, other than the floor plates. Original Colt mags for the Target Model, if found, will be expensive.

KNO3
Yes this is the Model i have, Been trying to post some pictures but don't now what i am doing wrong...

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Belated Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Sir...

Thanks, I have been lurking for a years a recent decided to jump in and contribute the little knowledge at my disposal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts