Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I own my dad's Colt 22 Match Target 2nd generation built 1948/49 serial number in the 600's-S, it had a broken firing pin and broken seer that were replaced. Gun will not "cock". Neither of the parts are from Colt they were purchased at Numrich when Numrich still had them in stock sevearl years ago.

It is at a gun smith now for non-cock, gun smith told me it has the wrong seer in this gun. He said that a seer from any other 2nd series Woodsman will not fit in the 2nd series Match Target. When the parts were ordered from Numrich it was ordered as a 2nd series Woodsman. When visually comparing the replacment seer and the broken seer they look identical, other than the broken seer is highly polished.

Does anybody know if the 2nd seires Woodsman seer's are interchangeable with a 2nd series Match Target? My research shows the seer should fit.

I sent Mr Rayburn at Colt22 a message but yet to recieve a reponse.

Thank you in advance for any help you might provide

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
Rayburn here. Sorry for not responding, but I've been really busy.

I have not tried fitting different sears to different Woodsmans, but I believe all post-WWII model Woodsman sears are the same. I cannot see any difference. They would normally require final fitting by a gunsmith.

Bob Rayburn
colt22.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Rayburn,

Thank you kindly for your reply, I understand you are a busy man, and I really appreciate your response. I have asked numerous questions on different sites and the final response is to check with you!

I suspect the difference between the replacment sear (rough with black paint) and the broken sear (highly poliched) is what the gunsmith needs to do for the final fitment. I am trying to gather information to get my gun repaired and be able to shoot it once again. Thanks to your website I have gathered quite a lot of info on this gun.

Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts