Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a colt .25 ( i am calling it a jr., but this one is american made post '68 Act) on WTS, i am reminded of some great colt service from 4-5 yrs ago. I bought one of these at a LGS maybe 15 years ago, made in USA post 68. I read about a recall years back on an old post i came across while looking for something else. I called the factory, was sent an order to return and they did what had been done uner the recall 20 years earlier. Very impressive Mr. Colt. neat little gun, shot it but never carried it.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I think Colt will still do these recall repairs. It sounds crazy but I checked a couple years ago and they were still doing this recall work. If your gun has had the recall repair done it will show a stamped letter "M" inside the ejector port when the slide is retracted. I enjoy shooting my Colt Automatic 25. Mine functions great.

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts
There is often confusion between the Junior Colt and the Colt Automatic.

The Junior was made in Spain by Astra for Colt beginning in 1958, and was discontinued in 1968 due to the 1968 Gun Control Act that forbade importation of "non-sporting" firearms. The Junior serial numbers have a "CC" suffix, and the guns are marked "Junior Colt" on the slide and "Made in Spain for Colt's" on the frame. Junior serial numbers began at 1CC and ended at 85082CC. The Junior was made in both .25ACP and .22 Short chamberings. Colt even offered a Conversion Unit to convert a .25ACP Junior pistol to .22 Short.

Because the 1968 Gun Control Act outlawed the importation of the Junior as "non-sporting," Colt contracted with Firearms International of Florida in 1970 to make the clone of the Junior. The Colt Automatic was introduced in 1971 and was discontinued in 1973, perhaps coinciding with the demise of Firearms International. The Automatic serial numbers have an "OD" prefix and the slides are stamped "Colt Automatic." The Automatic serial numbers began at OD1001 and ended at OD120471.

Zorros, you have a Colt Automatic, as stamped on the slide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts