Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt 2nd generation 1851 Navy purchased new by me in 1982. I still have the receipt and all the paperwork. Serial number is 40XXX.
The wedge no longer holds the barrel assembly tight to the frame unless I remove the wedge retaining screw and tap the wedge in farther than has been necessary in the past.
To whom do I send it for repairs? Colt? Uberti?
I know that this revolver was made from Uberti parts and finished by Colt, or was made by Iver Johnson under contract to Colt. At least, that's what I've been told by those who know something of the Second Generation cap and ball Colts.
This is an extremely well made revolver that's had about 2,000 lead balls put through it in more than 20 years of firing.
I don't want it refinished (it's taken on the worn patina of an old original and looks authentic) but I'd like to get the wedge situation fixed.
Any ideas?
Does Colt Firearms monitor this site closely and respond to our inquiries, or should I write Colt a letter?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,229 Posts
In a case like this, I'd give Colt a call, and ask for their recommendation for a repair service.

I don't THINK Colt will service it, but I'm sure they have somebody on tap to repair the revolvers marked with the Colt name.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts