Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this one? Seller originally stated it was Stainless but has since changed the finish description to Nickel. It sort of looks like Hard Chrome to me although I know that background and lighting can make finishes look off. The date of it puts it into the E-nickel era but I don’t think Colt ever put out a 3” Python using that finish. Anyway, I’m not interested in spending any money to solve the mystery but apparently there are some that are going after it pretty heavy already. Just curious.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Why would anyone even bid on such a gun without a factory letter, especially when it's being sold "as is" and no refund or return. Insane bidding appears to be taking over on GB. Example: Not too long ago a blued Viper without original box or papers sold for over $7,500!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I just asked him if he has an archive letter, bet he doesn’t reply.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
It doesn't look nickel to me....it could be hard chrome I suppose, made to look like stainless.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
That's actually what the E-Nickel finish looks like when it's rubbed down too much. It looses it's original matte appearance and takes on a low sheen. I'm 99% sure it began life as a factory E-Nickel Python.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts