Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all rear sight elevation screws the same for all Colt 357 revolvers? I have a Colt 357 (pre-Python) and can’t seem to find an answer to this. I know where to order a replacement screw for Python/Troopers, but don’t know if will work on my old 357 model.

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Sir...and sorry I cannot help with your question...but others will be by soon with the answer.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,366 Posts
As above, there are two types and one sub-type of Colt Accro sights.

The earliest version was used in 1953 for about a year and had a rounded front on the sight leaf.
The second type had a squared off front of the leaf but was otherwise the same design.

The later type Accro had a "hump" on the rear of the leaf to give more elevation adjustment and used totally different elevation screws.

The early type of Accro screw is very difficult to find and the only known sources would probably be eBay and Gunbroker.com. There it's just a matter of watching and hoping one turn up some time.

The later type Accro elevation screws are being made as replicas that are correct You would also need the tiny spring and two VERY tiny steel balls that fit inside the screw.........

Rear Sight Detent Ball, Accro | Gun Parts Corp. A truly ridiculous price, but..........

The later screw is also available from the actual maker.........

Here's what the Accro sights look like............

Early 1953-54 rounded leaf type. The later 50's type is the same only with the rounded leaf changed to square.
Early Accro.JPG

The later 50's Accro with the square front leaf. Other then the front, all parts are the same.

Accro Square.jpg

Later Accro with new style elevation screw
NOTE: in later versions there's a cross pin that passes through the side of the leaf to retain the elevation screw better.

Accro Dis.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts