Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the Colt 357 that was recently posted with the field speed loader cut in the grips. It made it's way here today and all I can say is man does it have a great action. Looks like a gun that was holstered a lot but shot very little. Timing and lockup are both great. This is my first one of these models and I am going to take it out and give it a try here shortly.The grips are already packaged, labelled and ready to go out the door Monday to the magician. I cannot wait to see what he does for them. It was 475 shipped to me and I am going to have another 100 in it before it is said and done. Probably too much for the pistol but if it shows itself to be accurate it will have been worth it regardless.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That's a very good price on what is probably my favorite Colt six-shooter. Wait 'til you get it to the range!

Jerry

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I already ran some 158 grn wadcutters through it, 100 rounds to be precise. I did not punch any paper, just cans, but it was sighted in perfectly and functioned/shot very well. I cannot say enough about how smooth this thing is, even more so than my "tuned" python. Dare I say it balances like a 4" S&W K frame? Not having that big ole rib on the top of the barrel really changes the feel. It is currently wearing the rubber grips from my 90's ss pythong until I get the originals back from swamprat.

I have the hankering to get a nice vintage holster for it and make it my field gun. It carry's much lighter than the 4" python.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I missed out on a .357 awhile back because I just kind of shrugged it off. Was gonna call the shop and have them put it aside for me but didn't. Could of gotten it for a bit over $400 IIRC. Anyway it was gone by the time I got back to the shop again, but by then I had discovered that I had missed out on a good buy. It was worn like this one, but had an excellent bore and chambers.

Me thinks the .357 shown here shipped for $475 is a pretty good buy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is the gun I passed on and have had nightmares about. Robert, you owe me. Glad it found a good home where it's much appreciated. I knew it would be a good shooter when I dryfired it; best trigger on a handgun I ever tried. Damn, I could kick myself over and over. If I ever get to MO or you ever get to WI, you gotta let me try it.:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts