Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
The trigger guard relief is a great ergonomic improvement. An arched backstrap and blued frame would be darned near irresistible.

Reactions: Gator89 and ei8ht

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Now that pistol matches the ZT knife I posted in my Talo thread...even better.

Should I Cerakote the knife to match my pistol or the other way around? :)

I have really gotten into custom coating my AR builds lately and my CZ shooters but haven't touched any of my Colts as of yet...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah Rick, but you have to go to confession and give $500.00 donation to the MINORITY charity of their choice.
BTW: With "sexual hassassment and abuse going around",I'm a "warm and loving Southern Man" BUT, I've given up hugging ANYONE[except ,of course my darlin' spouse] regardless of race ,creed, color,gender,economic status,or political and planetary affiliation. I've gotten too old to out live the statute of limitations! Nick

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Is the barrel standard, or ramped? I think Colt would do well to at least try ramped barrels in their alloy frame guns.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.. funny and odd thing upon going to pick up this gun. It’s about an hour one-way trip to the gun shop, so I called first to see when I could pay and pick it up. Phone Guy said “I’m holding it right now.”
Okay- on the way.
A different guy(guy #2)checked me out and did the paperwork, went to box up the gun and couldn’t find the blue plastic box. Phone guy said the gun just came in 5 minutes before I called about it and so he left box on the counter.
Well. The guy #2 asked me how I heard about them having this gun..” was it through Facebook or what?”
definitely wasnt FB, but I couldn’t remember if it was gunbroker or their website. He said “well, we just got it in when you had called, literally, so how did you know we had it?? haven’t even took a photo of it yet”

Best I can figure out is that I saw a dual tone 45acp sort of like it on their website and thought it was a 38Super .. and got severely lucky that the Talo version actually delivered as I was getting ready to go pick it up.
I’ve always been more lucky than good.

:) :)

·
Banned
345 Posts
This gun has a standard Colt barrel. Don't think Colt made ramped barrels. Anyway took this gun and my Kimber Super to the range for some function and magazine testing today. The Kimber would only lock back after the last shot with a Kimber mag. It would not do that with a Colt, Cobra or MecGar mags. Replaced the slide stop with a Wilson Combat Bulletproof one and it now runs perfect.

Onto the Colt, put in another 250 rounds, about 600 total and it runs great with all magazines except 1 of the Colt ones I had. This one was a factory replacement. The other Colt magazine runs perfect. I started firing with the new Colt magazine and it was working fine until the gun got hot. (I load 15 mags and have fun) Once the gun cooled down it worked again. The issue with this one mag is that it fired all the ammo no problem, but failed to lock back on the last shot. Also it was a pain to release out of the frame. Maybe heat expands the frame making it hard on this mag or its out of spec. Anyway no big deal, I would only use Cobra mags if I carry a 1911 in 9, 38 and 10. Wilsons in all my 45's.

This is a real nice gun, a Colt Commander running 11 rounds of Buffalo Bore is hard to top.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is the barrel standard, or ramped? I think Colt would do well to at least try ramped barrels in their alloy frame guns.

Having looked at the LWT Commander and the Competition, both in .38 Super, they are both of standard barrel [not ramped] configuration.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts