Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own the old version of the Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite. Colt recently announced a new/updated version of this handgun (Colt .380 Mustang® Pocketlite). Does anyone have any experience with both the old and new versions? Are they basically the same? In the various reviews online, Colt claims that the new version is improved with more precise manufacturing.

For me everything boils down to this - should I upgrade to the new version or keep my old gun which is performing great btw?
I have the feeling that I can get more $ for my old Mustang Pocketlite, buy the new (and better?) version and have some cash to burn on the range.

Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions are appreciated (first time poster here).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi Playmen,

Welcome to the forum...
The two guns are basically the same and parts are interchangeable. The new version is CNC machined from solid bar stock which should be a major improvement over the original. If your original version is not in collector status (LNIB, has box and all paperwork) you might find that it will be hard to sell it for enough money to cover the cost of the new one. Also finding a new one right now for below MSRP is very difficult.
Good luck with whatever you decide.....OH...we like pictures here on the forum.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome Playmen
Ive owned several of these, Im hoping they re introduce the Govt 380. till then I think I will stick with my Sig 238

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My Pocketlite is definitely not in a LNIB condition - maybe this will be a good enough reason to upgrade to the new version if I can find one, and since you like pictures on the forum, here it is :)

colt-380-mustang-pocketlite.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
I have a new one coming in next week, I will put a report in here and some pictures.....I had shot the old ones quite a bit although i do not have one now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed an order at the beginning of April. I was told that the next shipment wouldn't be here until June. I really want my first colt so I will just have to wait it out. I did put a deposit down so that I get the first one in the door.Man I can't wait!

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Good news for lefthanders, the Ambi safety is coming soon . Would call Colt and let it be known there is interest in the full size Government version

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
hmm, looks like i will be sending it right back for the ambi-safety....I have such bad timing on these....I once ordered a custom shop Winchester m70 in .375 H&H.... waited forever for it.....went right to New Haven to pick it up, and threw it up to me left shoulder.....they looked at each other and said, "uh, ...we are making a run of those in left-hand next month...interested?"......of course I ended up with both.....getting the .380 this afternoon if i can get out of the office in time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a new 380 Mustang Pocketlite through the Internet FFL to FFL. Been out of town and can't pick it up untill next week but am anxious to get my hands on it. I'm very partial to the Colt 1911 line -- have a few -- hope I like the new little Colt as much as I like my Sig P238. That little Sig (my first Sig) is a GREAT little shooter and beautifully made.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have one of the old ones...can't think of any good reason to get rid of it just to get a new one...I'm completely happy with the one I have!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts