Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colt 4\" .22 Official Police

I read the recent post re: the 4" .22 Official Police model.Here's a photo of mine with a period Berns-Martin
"Speed" holster.I did have a hard time finding a nice 4" .22-I collect Official Police & Officers' models.I'll post a couple more nice OP's.As you can tell,I'm also a vintage gun leather collector.
This example is s/n 368xx,making it a 1952 production revolver(according to Wilson's little pocket book-not the most reliable but usually close).It has the Coltwood plastic stocks;I agree with the post that mentioned all Colt plastic stocks from this time frame were called Coltwood.I imagine you all have problems with shrinkage,as I do-this pair fits fairly well but exhibits shrinkage along the backstrap & at the top.If you like the OP models,see my next 2 posts.
Regards,
turnerriver [image]
[/image]

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Colt 4\" .22 Official Police

I have a couple of 6" Official Police revolvers in both .22 & .38 & I shoot them some but I usually shoot my Officers Model Match or Special target revolvers.I can see the sights much better on the target guns.The Official Police revolvers are fun to plink with.I haven't shot this 4" revolver.
Regards,
turnerriver

·
Registered
582 Posts

I've seen one at a local dealer for $600. I was waiting for it to go below that, down to $500 or less.
Does that sound like a good price for a good or better one of these?
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

There was one on Gunbroker recently,in the box & in excellent condition,for around $650.00.I think I paid around $400 for mine.They are going up & are pretty scarce,at least in my experience.
Regards,turnerriver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts