Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to start adding to the "shooting" collection. Colt Percussion Revolvers. I was at a gun store and they had a NIB Colt 1860 44. It dates to 1983 (they had the original receipt from the customer who purchased it new.) I do not have any pictures, but it is as NIB, which I really do not care, because I would shoot it. It is a consignment gun, asking 700.00? I am not sure what they are going for in the open market. I am really looking for more of a shooter, but want to stay with Colt. Looking for some advice.

Thanks,
Rambler1

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
700 might be about right for one of these NIB, but since these have collector status, I wouldn't shoot one that was nib but look for a used one instead if you can find one. If just wanting a BP revolver to shoot, get a repro.

·
Registered
787 Posts
one of the better ways to assess a seller’s price for a commodity like this is to go on the online gun seller sites. Look up modern percussion/colts, colt second generation black poweder, whatever, and you will find many, many comparables. And if you find one you like, it can be shipped to your house or place of work from allmost all states (ill and NJ excepted...maybe others). Have fun. I really enjoy those newer colts although i have yet to shoot one. I keep intending.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought a couple of NIB Colts and they really were NIB. I didn't have the heart to shoot them so I sold them and bought some that were not as new to shoot. $700 price for a new Colt 1860 is what they sold for last year when I was looking for mine. It's Christmas season so look at some auction sites and get a good Colt shooter. I found a US Grant 1851 with no box or accessories that was brand new and for an extremely good price. It is my best shooter - why not - it had nothing with it to make it a collectable and it was cheaper than the Italian repros - there are deals out there if you look. Try Proxibid, Gun Broker, Guns International.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts