Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a colt 45 with a 13" barrel,I've been told it's a beasley target made for use in england there are no markings on the barrel at all,ser# 3068xx ,does anyone know anything about this and possible value

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
For pre-war Single Action Army and Bisley revolvers, 1908 started with 304000 and 1909 started with 308000 so DOM appears to be 1908. Target oriented and named after Bisley, England where international shooting matches were held. Approximately 45,000 manufactured 1894-1913. Blue Book for 98%=$8500, 95%=$6800, 90%=$5000, 80%=$3750 and 70%=$3000, so you can see professional grading would be useful in establishing the actual value - and that is recent book, but not necessarily current market. There were also 976 flat-top target Bisley's made, therefore higher priced. I only know what I read. But, the barrel length puts me off, so I hope someone else will comment. Sounds more like a Buntline. HTH /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
if the barrel has no markings at all something is funny!! all colt revolvers have some bbl markings. the bisley mod. is so marked on the bbl. my guess is the bbl has been replaced sometime in the past. how about a few photo`s. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I see that barrels were available for the standard frame SAA from 2 to 16 inches. You would expect factory installed to be roll marked. Perhaps this was indeed an unmarked after market surplus barrel change. And the front sight mount is different. Again, I'm no expert, just digging around. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
here are 2 photo`s of the bisley mod{left side} and colts marking{top} of an original bisley model bbl.i am not running your gun down so please dont take it wrong. frame would have left the factory case colored, frt site appears to be from an 03 springfield{i have seen this modification on saa and new service guns}.your bbl if original would most likely have left hand twist.a lot of those guns were revamped in the 50`s and 60`s because they were plentiful and if not in collector condition were very cheap compared to a new saa.it`s still an interesting shooter but not an ultra rare collectable.this is just my opinion and worth what you paid for it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts