Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I showed this picture to a gun aficionado friend of mine and we both thought it was funny that the "long" trigger and "flat" mainspring housing are back in style these days.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Great picture - thanks for posting.
As I am getting older and my eyes require reading glasses, I love the sights on the M45A1 Close Quarter Battle Pistol: Novak tritium 3 dot.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Nice picture, thanks. The first thing that struck me was how big and bulky the new pistol looks when compared to the other two. Times have certainly changed. Back in the day, modifications were made to allow the pistol to be better used by those with smaller hands. It may just be the looks, but the new pistol appears to be bigger through the grip strap area.

·
Premium Member
20,536 Posts
I think the size difference is mostly an optical illusion. The newest 45 may be somewhat heavier due to the rail, but when I hold my new 45A1, it feels about the same as the WW2 version.
The grip and squeeze safety feel better to me on the new 45A1.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wanted to assure everyone that the grips of all three of the Colt 45 Service pistols are the same size as Saintclair suggests. Here is photographic proof of the 1917 vs. the 2012 pistols. The rail and beavertail grip safety probably make the M45A1 pistol appear bigger.

20171113_234207.jpg

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about a cameo of the "1943" Doug...!?
OK. just for you Shooter 13. I actually just bought this gem at Cabela's in Columbus, OH last week. It has a few scratches where someone has banged a few pins out recklessly. The other minor problem it has is someone put some Remington Rand grips on it but overall is pretty clean on the inside and the bore is bright and shiny. Barrel is correct and the slide numbers match the frame. Gun shoots really good. Still feels tight and new. I will have to pick up some Type 7 Coltwood grips for it and a Plain Jane WW2 Colt magazine the next time I visit the OGCA.

1943 Colt 1911A1 A.jpg

1943 Colt 1911A1 B.jpg

1943 Colt 1911A1 C.jpg

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shooter 13, Nothing wrong with the new Auto Ordnance 1911A1. Kahr bought what was left of Auto Ordnance and the quality on these guns is very good today. I like the classic 1911A1 looks of these pistols too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts