Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on a NIB Colt 6720. This is from the first run and has a serial number of 0004xx. I was told it is from the first batch of 500 made and therefore a collector piece. Is this true or BS? Wondering if I should opt for a current production rifle or pay a premium for this one. What would be decent price for the pre 500 serial number?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the forum. How much are they asking for the rifle? Really need more info on the rifle itself. I have a 6720 R. 1500 made only. No big deal to me, I just love the feel of a light weight AR. Shoot away!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't seen a lot of fervor over the 6720, other than from the people who always wanted a 6520 with a flattop (I'm in this group). Normal going rate has been about $1050-1100 for a while now. 400-range serial number isn't really that low, either. Me personally, I wouldn't pay more than $1050 for it. Clyde Armory was jacking up the price on them when they were first released, and they aren't even doing that to anything over s/n CAR000400.

EDIT: New production comes with the Rogers stock, and probably doesn't have the same rollmark and/or "restricted" wording on the receiver. FYI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not sure something as utilitarian as an AR will ever become a 'collector's piece', except maybe in a very distant future.
I would not pay more than $1100 for one regardless of the S/N, batch etc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Was at my LGS today, when they had one come in off the big brown truck. S/N was four digit. No 'Restricted' markings on the lower. Don't quote me, but I think it said 'AR15-A3 Law Enforcement Carbine". It was nice, but not nice enough for me to drop almost $1200....

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Mine from about Feb of this year says AR-15A4 on the left & Restricted Military/Government Law Enforcement Export Use Only on the right.
Does have the new stock.
Denis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts