Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend passed and left me the above pistol. Knowing little about this piece I have a couple questions. I see it's barrel is marked 9mm luger and a note attached says "extra barrel and bushing" but we haven't found them yet. This made me wonder if this barrel be swapped out for any other barrels of different calibers? If so, would I also need different magazines to match the barrels. Colt lists this gun as made in 1976. Anything or any place you can direct me to help me understand this gun will be greatly appreciated as I believe this forum would have the most knowledgeable enthusiasts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Ken, he said it had a note attached that said; "extra barrel and bushing". Since a 9mm conversion from 45 takes a new ejector, slide, barrel, mags, etc it only makes sense that extra barrel would be in a caliber that would just require a barrel/bushing swap, i.e. 38 super

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 38 super would be great. I was trying to find mags and such from Colt's site and they all seem to be sold out. Does Colt still make these mags of is that site a hit or miss on parts?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Ken, he said it had a note attached that said; "extra barrel and bushing". Since a 9mm conversion from 45 takes a new ejector, slide, barrel, mags, etc it only makes sense that extra barrel would be in a caliber that would just require a barrel/bushing swap, i.e. 38 super
Yes you are correct. Forgive me I was thinking and implying a factory supplied conversion like they did for the 9x23, but I do not recall any such animal back then.
But as you posted a conversion barrel is a conversion barrel.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
The 38 super would be great. I was trying to find mags and such from Colt's site and they all seem to be sold out. Does Colt still make these mags of is that site a hit or miss on parts?
Magazines are not that hard to come by, but colt seems to be out of stock at this time.
Brownell's is a good source as is Midway USA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.