Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Would prefer to see it in person, but it looks right to me.

I had posted pictures on an ACE that I purchased from a friend years ago. Even in my hands I was not completely sure if it were original. Then my friend, the seller, showed me the Colt factory letter that is was refinished at Colt for no charge. Work order was from Paul Zamsky - thought it might be our Colt Forum member and historian Paul Z. Paul Zamsky was a Colt employee and unfortunately passed away before I could follow with info up on his ACE. Time to pass it on - at an auction site as we speak.

Can you tell which was refinished???
ACE 7622 (800x600).jpg ACE 7622 t.jpg

ACE 3098.jpg ACE 3098 t.jpg

ACE 3949 t (800x600).jpg

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Photos too dark to see any detail, but incorrect stocks on 7622 and 3949 would be the first red flag.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Then my friend, the seller, showed me the Colt factory letter that is was refinished at Colt for no charge.

Can you tell which was refinished???
7622, whose tag says it has a Colt Letter? :p

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Zrexxer wins a kew pie doll #7622 was refinished per a Colt factory order from a Colt employee Paul Zamsky at no charge.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
"666" wouldn't bother me at all. Concur with the above. Honest wear at the muzzle and crisp edges. We have #313 in similar condition. Would like to see the magazine. Early ones had the hole at the top rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts