Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
With a colt hammer shroud as well. I hope that’s not too much. I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
Considering you will pay 399 for some plastic junk auto loader, looks like you did OK. Just remember, you never pay too much for a gun but the more you pay, the longer it takes to come out from under it. With a Colt, who cares as it is a lifetime contract.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Absolutely not , you stole it in my opinion . It's worth that without the shroud which itself is worth a chunk to those who like them . Great deal .

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
It’s hard to tell if colt will make another alloy or light frame 38 or not. If not, your gun is worth more than that and will only appreciate. It’s still a deal, maybe the seller didn’t know it’s eady to change to longer stocks. I carry 2 agents( with plus P but practice with standard) in my cycle of CC guns. One is a very early agent with its unique grip frame and little options for stocks. The other is the Matt finish agent with long cobra stocks. You have a desirable gun for carry. If the short stocks are too short for you, you have many options to fit your needs. A friend of mine bought the new night cobra with a dark finish, he likes the gun but then held mine and wished his was as light as mine. I shoot about 1K rounds of 38 wadcutters with 3 grains of bullseye per year through several colt 38/357 revolvers which produce nice sharp holes in the B27 target at 7 yards.

Everyone i I know including myself, enjoys the gun more with longer stocks.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
You did just fine. My rule of thumb is any Colt DA revolver in good mechanical condition is worth $400 unless it's really roached finish-wise. You did much better than that. The hammer shroud is worth about $100 by itself and if installed at the factory a good bit more than that.

Excellent purchase on a fine revolver.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Condition issues like blueing loss near muzzle and speckling on cylinder. Did I way overpay at $450? Locks up tight and shoots good.
Yelp, No question, I'd bought it too.
Vic

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
You got a good deal on a great carry piece.

Congratulations, and thanks for showing it to us.

·
Premium Member
19,819 Posts
Can you post a picture of the bottom of the grips? Those look a bit different from some Agent grips I have.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
You did just fine. My rule of thumb is any Colt DA revolver in good mechanical condition is worth $400 unless it's really roached finish-wise. You did much better than that. The hammer shroud is worth about $100 by itself and if installed at the factory a good bit more than that.

Excellent purchase on a fine revolver.
exactly.....The threshold for any Colt or Smith and Wesson is at least 450 dollars to get into the game and it is rising to $500. You got a fine deal, here is my detective that I can’t remember what I paid but it was less than 500 but more than 400.. ......

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hey does no one see the barrel does not look right?
Looks like a later barrel on it
I have owned one of the very early ones...
They had a smaller grip
More concealable but your grip frame should be the same size as a detective special
These are great guns
The barrel and possibly the crane assembly don't seem to match the finish of the gun
The serial number would tell us what year it is
The shrouded barrel was a later addition from Colt
Earlier Agents were unshrouded
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: binggo
1 - 20 of 32 Posts