Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been away from forum due to password problems. I found this in a local shop that I stopped at to look at a S&W revolver.
This is a Colt Agent from 1984 (?) based on serial number.

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
Some of the Agents shipped during that time period have some of the worst exterior finishes you can imagine...like Colt used up all their reject frames and side plates on them...they would never have passed earlier times at Hartford. That being said...these Agents are functionally as fine as any that preceded them...they're just ugly. They're still good revolvers and will serve for self-defense as any other. They can be a bargain in the marketplace for that purpose. Agents in general don't seem to bring prices like the Cobras do...outside of a shorter grip (depending on when any particular one was made) they and the Cobras are the same gun outside of the name on the barrel.

Reactions: Toyman

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice Agent. Looks like it is in great condition. My first Colt revolver was a Parkerized Agent purchased in 1983. I have a soft spot for that model. I recently found an unfired one, in box, with everything as shipped from Colt. Could not pass it up.
Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
20190216_100044 (1).jpg

1983. This one obviously came from the factory really rough because the grips have no wear. Factory shroud installed by gunsmith and Tyler grip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts