Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a book critic by any means, but I thought some of you might want to hear about the new book published by the Colt Collectors Assn, and the Buffalo Bill Historical Society.
First off, I just bought the book, I have no connections to either organization.
For the Colt revolver enthusiast, this is a great source of photos. To quote the preface, "This exhibit attempts to present an example of each and every model produced from the company's inception to the present." Well, I have to admit there are color photos of revolvers I have never seen, and thought the photos are not of the calibre of Wilson's books, are well done, and in good detail.
I have only read select chapters, but I would have to admit that the chapter on 2nd generation Percussion Pistols, did little to clear up my confusion on the subject. Also, I could not figure out why the the photos of some of the post war double action revolvers were in the order they were. Perhaps I don't understand Colt lineage like the authors ( very possible).
If you want a quality book with great Colt photos, and great detail of the subject firearm, this is your book. It does exactly what it's intended purpose is to document the Buffalo Bill Colt collection. I recommend it.
Anyone else care to chime in?
Stonecove

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I agree. Great assortment of photographs, but very little text information, on individual models, compared to R.L.Wilson's book. It's a little pricey, at $125.00, but I don't regret purchasing mine. It's a nice addition to the Colt library.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts