Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received a press release from the Colt Custom Shop regardng 2 new Presentation Series guns that Colt is soon releasing:
First, Is The "Presentation Grade" Model 1911
A level engraving coverage, Colt Royal Blue or Nickel finish,based on the original 01918 platform with elephant ivory smooth grips with starburst grip screws in a walnut, velvet lined display case.

Second is a "Modern Masters" SAA...Blue or nickel finish,50% factory engraving(ink baked), one piece ivory stocks with medallions and all frame screws are qualified.Available in 4 3/4", 5 1/2" and 7 1/2" in 45 colt(other calibers may be available on special order), designated models P1841MM,1856MM, and 1876MM.

Approximate pricing for the new Colts;
Colt presentation Grade 1911: $ 2250 blue, $2450 nickel

Colt Modern Masters SAA Nickel only....$5650 each

·
Registered
4 Posts
The MA Attorney General's list of acceptable handguns here in the People's Republic only governs what dealers may sell. If something is truly C&R (and obviously if you have your 03 FFL) it can be shipped directly to you without going through an 01 FFL and therefore the list is moot. It's basically the same with an in-state private sale, and SAAs change hands here every day. In both cases you do need to then register the gun within a week using a MA Form FA-10.

And to answer the obvious question . . . because (1) I have family here and (2) I have a good job here, but (3) as soon as I retire in a couple years I'm moving to a free state.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I look forward to seeing that 1911.

Interesting how Colt Mfg. will mail out news releases, but the most recent "NEWS" on their website is from June 1, 2004.

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
Tomob1,

That means the slots in the screws all line up the same. It looks very nice! You can see an example below, although I don't know if that's from the factory or a later gunsmith. Nevertheless, I'm happy with it! :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
That means the slots in the screws all line up the same.
i was always told that meant the screws were 'clocked' or 'registered'...

it all depends on where in the country youre from i guess...

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Interesting how Colt Mfg. will mail out news releases, but the most recent "NEWS" on their website is from June 1, 2004.
When I saw the thread title I remember thinking, "ANOTHER 1911 and ANOTHER SAA".
Was I right?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
thanks hopalong!
i've never seen that done before. It really gives the gun that "something extra"!
great looking gun BTW!
tom

·
Registered
399 Posts
The MA Attorney General's list of acceptable handguns here in the People's Republic only governs what dealers may sell. If something is truly C&R (and obviously if you have your 03 FFL) it can be shipped directly to you without going through an 01 FFL and therefore the list is moot. It's basically the same with an in-state private sale, and SAAs change hands here every day. In both cases you do need to then register the gun within a week using a MA Form FA-10.

And to answer the obvious question . . . because (1) I have family here and (2) I have a good job here, but (3) as soon as I retire in a couple years I'm moving to a free state.

I am a Mass escapee myself. Come on up to NH!

·
Premium Member
5,890 Posts
i was always told that meant the screws were 'clocked' or 'registered'...

it all depends on where in the country youre from i guess...
I don't know. Maybe I got it wrong. I honestly don't know what "clocked" or "registered" mean.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

The press Release from Colt only went to dealers
I agree, the Colts Mfg website could do with a makeover!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts