Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope this is the right place for this, have been out of the ar game for quite a while, never were into them big but bought this one at a show 20 some years ago, its a r6530 lightweight sporter that is pretty much new in box, honestly can't remember if it has been fired or not, box is pretty beat up but sticker still on end of box and has instruction manual, from what i can find on internet it is pre ban but cant find exact year made, s/n is sl005xxx it has a cs marked fixed stock on it, was hoping i could find out if it was desirable or not and get an approximate ball park value on it
could only find one of this model on gunbroker and it had no box, thank you

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I used to have that Colt R6530 Lightweight Sporter carbine which I bought new when they first released in in the market in around 1991.

My carbine was an early '91 production which also have the short A1 length A2 style fixed stock, but mine didn't have the "CS" marking.

Early carbines had the shorter A1 length fixed stocks but later on the factory changed it to the standard long A2 stock.

The short fixed stock specially with the CS markings are very valuable today, just the synthetic stock without the buffer assembly cost more than about $200+.

Also mine had the undesirable steel sear block on the lower receiver above the selector, which are common with Colt AR made between 1990 and up to 1994.

The Sporter series AR like yours and mine (which they also have rifle and heavy contour HBAR rifle versions) was made from 1990 up to 1994, they were discontinued because of the assault weapons ban of '94 and was replaced by the Match Target series which complied to the ban regulations.

For value most pre ban AR are very valuable now specially to ban states that allows pre ban guns, they are driving the prices of pre ban guns, to those ban states they about doubled the value like around maybe $2,000+.

I sold my carbine at the end of the ban in 2004 for a very good profit, then in the next year early '05 I bought a new separate upper and lower Colt AR6721 AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine with heavy contour barrel then I customized it that same year.

Reactions: SanchoPanza
1 - 2 of 2 Posts