Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know if the colt archive department,will take a photo of the origional leger when ordering a colt letter on a saa,if you ask. ive just got a letter on my saa and i would like a photo of the book and hand writen leger,if they will do it.
thanks inadvance

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know if they take pictures of the leger as it would expose other serial numbers But it worth a shot. I know they will send you a letter showing were it was ship to and so forth. Give them a call it won't hurt. God Bless Jared

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Tony - No, they will not do what you are asking. Others have asked this before and the response has always been negative.

- - - Buckspen

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony - No, they will not do what you are asking. Others have asked this before and the response has always been negative.

- - - Buckspen
Thats a shame. even a photo,of the leger book unopened would be nice to have. i remember years ago i received a letter on a semi delux 1894 winchester, the gun was near flat mint since it was shipped in 1898.it lettered

rifle
24"
1/2 oct
plain pistol grip
takedown
lyman front and rear sights

but did not mentioned the tang site,i wrote back to cody and they re looked at the records again,there responce was after re looking at the leger again,together with the origional artifact in my possion, they agreed that they had missed the wording "lyman tang sight" , (it was half writen on the line above the description).so they reissued me aa new letter stating the tang sight, together with a photo copy of the origional hand writen notes on my sn#94. they did this to show sometimes how difficult it is to dicipher the origional notes.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony56, would you mind posting a photo of that page as it would be interesting to see.
as i was writing the post i thought i must look for those letters again, it was around 20 yrs ago, no luck to date but i sure will, when i locate them.
update i found the second letter.i post shortly.. i remembered when i was in the US in 91 i stayed with albert buckingham of tn,and he called cody for a few letters for me,one was the 94 delux,and sure enough it letttered without the tang site again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts