Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
What a great find Andrew. I live in Arizona, and a .41 Colt SAA is at the top of my list. Why can't I find one like that? You are a very fortunate man. :)

Leo

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nice historic revolver that I will add to my research project. How did you find it?

It looks like there was another shipment of three with yours on that date that were .38 colts too. Interesting!

Reactions: 5758andrew

·
Registered
487 Posts
Finally got the letter of provenance for my 1901 .41 Colt, have learn t the Copper Queen Consolidated Mining Co is 23 miles south of Tombstone and 11 miles from the Mexican border, wonder what it's been used for and how it ended up in Australia, if it could only talk.

You lucky bugger andrew, i had that 41 in my hand and tossing up on it and the pommy boxer from bruce, but bought the boxer as i liked the wood grips.you must let bruce know when you see him again. congrats.

·
Registered
982 Posts
You lucky bugger andrew, i had that 41 in my hand and tossing up on it and the pommy boxer from bruce, but bought the boxer as i liked the wood grips.you must let bruce know when you see him again. congrats.
Guess you mean Bruce P? I knocked it back because I dont much like the barrel length. :bang_wall: Most of my letters come back as Simmons Hardware. :mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice historic revolver that I will add to my research project. How did you find it?

It looks like there was another shipment of three with yours on that date that were .38 colts too. Interesting!
Thanks for adding it to your list Trapdoor,

We had an Arms and Militaria Fair here in Melbourne Australia 21st July and I met all these dealers who mainly had German Lugers, Broomhandle Mauser's and a host of old English Webleys etc then finally I stumbled across a dealer of old Colts, well I couldn't stop drooling over his guns, there were nickel plated guns with pearl handles in all odd calibers but to me the one that stood out was this old 41 as I didn't like old nickel guns because the plating is flaky and the patina of this one was just right, polished and worn in all the right places from use but still has been looked after as the grips still retain a lot of detail compared to some very worn smooth examples.

The beauty about anything in collector circles is once you start you just can't stop and since starting on the Colt journey and ordering every conceivable glossy Colt coffee table book I've learn t so much about it's famous history and about all the real life cowboys and their Colts.

I'm glad I visited the Gene Autry Museum last year when I went to LA, took a lot of pic's of some of the most famous Colt's ever made which will be a memory my family and I will never forget.

Andrew

·
Registered
487 Posts
Guess you mean Bruce P? I knocked it back because I dont much like the barrel length. :bang_wall: Most of my letters come back as Simmons Hardware. :mad:
yep he's the man, and like you tranter, i thought simmons also , :mad:like the 20 or so letter's in my folder

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Andrew,

If it could talk I believe it would say: "I traveled the world from mine to mine with my owner the mining engineer." Because miners due tend to be vagabonds following mining strikes the world over.

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Congrats on the copper queen shipping point. That is exactly why I letter every colt I acquire!

Reactions: Wes Terner

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi Tony56 & Tranter45,

Yeah Bruce Prior is real nice fellow and I look forward to contacting him from time to time to see his latest offerings, did you guys see his pair of consecutive numbered nickel pearl handled Colts? He wanted 8k for the pair, I tried to get him to separate them and offered a good sum but he wouldn't.

In a way I'm kinda glad now that I'm learning about 'Copper Queen' must have been a rough and tough place back in the day and being so close to famous Tombstone, who knows what it's seen through the barrel.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Hi Tony56 & Tranter45,

Yeah Bruce Prior is real nice fellow and I look forward to contacting him from time to time to see his latest offerings, did you guys see his pair of consecutive numbered nickel pearl handled Colts? He wanted 8k for the pair, I tried to get him to separate them and offered a good sum but he wouldn't.

In a way I'm kinda glad now that I'm learning about 'Copper Queen' must have been a rough and tough place back in the day and being so close to famous Tombstone, who knows what it's seen through the barrel.
Was the consecutive numbered pair 1st generation?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was the consecutive numbered pair 1st generation?
Rick,

I just called him and to my mistake they were 1st gen 1885 4 3/4" .41 long Colts blued with pearl stocks, he said they've always been together as a pair but actual serial numbers 200 apart, I must have remembered the nickel guns in his showcase and thought they were the pair.

He still has them but wont split them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts