Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how long it has been taking for Colt to proccess a letter request? On march 3, I sent in a request for letters on two Colts, a police positive target and an officers model target. I received a confirmation postcard about 3 weeks later. I'm not really sure if the letters are overdue. Should I wait a little longer or try to contact Colt now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
177 Posts
The couple of requests I made around March early April came back at 150 to 180 days. Colt is usually darn close to their estimates. If you got the postcard, I would not worry, hang in there.

·
787 Posts
Colt had told me 90 to 120 days to receive my letter.Even though i thought it was a long wait i just figured when it gets here it gets here.I don't think theres a way to speed up Colt's process even if you call them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My postcard stated July 15th - received today July 20th, (95 days) no doubt due to
1) Pony Express / Stagecoach in Wyoming
2) personnel change in the Historical Dept. Kathleen Hoyt retired. The new Archivist is Beverly Haynes as of the end of last month!;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
letters arrived.

Thanks for the responses. My letters arrived yesterday. The police positive shows as being shipped to Lou J. Eppinger Detroit, Michigan. Shipping date was Nov. 18, 1926. This name rings a bell but I can't place it. Does anybody recognize it? Thanks, Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts