Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
The price of information is what people are willing to pay for it. I and many others are willing to pay Colt's price to get the information so the price is fair. Remember they are a business.

Jim

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
I am certainly Glad Colt has an on-line formn to submit. It is convienient for me and fast to do!!!!

So far, I have never requested expidited service and usually get the Letter in about 8 weeks. I feel that is fine and can use the $50 for ammo, LOL! If I had one that possibly may have some historical significant information, I would pay the $50 to get it ASAP!!!

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
I will not pay $100 and wait 3-4 months for information on my SAAs they can pull up on their computer in 15 seconds. In most all cases I can tell if my SAA is original. What I want to know is where was it shipped. $150 is a lot to pay just be told what you already know about the gun, and that it was shipped to Simmons Hardware. I would pay $50 just to know what the shipping destination was, no letter. 15 seconds work on their part. If it is not just another hardware store gun I would pay the full amount and get a letter. They could make a lot money with this service. I suggested it to the archives, but they rejected it.
I believe they have to search old ledgers by hand as the information is not in a data base.

I hope Paul sees this thread and sets the record straight. I don't think they have had time to transfer the old hand writing of the 19th century from the ledgers containing tens of thousands of entries into a data base, but I have been wrong before. Dates of manufacture might be in the data base but I doubt anything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts