Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a little help. Im planning on listing a Colt Army Special 32-20. on gunbroker, I have been buying and selling on there for a while. I tried to look up past auctions but there was not much info. The gun is all original and as close to new as they come. rubber grips are like new as is the 4" barrel. I have looked it up in the past and I belive it was made in 1920-1922..I will get pictures when I get back home in a few days. Just wondering what you guys think of a value. thanks to all............

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
You can do this yourself by checking past auctions of what a army special in 32-20 sold for on gunbroker in your condition. If you cannot find one in your condition, then its safe to add to the asking price when you list it. If you determine a price you would sell it for, then I encourage you to first list it here first with good pics and see if it sells here. Again good pics are really needed for a price determination. Sometimes a refinished gun gets listed as a almost new gun to those who are unable to tell. FWIW, all Colt firearms have gone up in price. While an army special still brings the most interest in 38 special chambering, the classic Winchester calibers such as 32-20 have somewhat taken on a new interest also and they no longer are a negative to pricing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought two in 2012, paid about $400 for one that was pretty darn nice, thought that was pretty good. The other was primo and I paid $900, way too much but I got in a bidding war and I wanted it, wasn't concerned with price.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I paid 600 for one two years ago. He wouldn't come off his price but it was a very nice gun and he wanted what I had. Mine is a 1919 gun and at least 95%. I don't feel bad about it and I don't see them in my part of the world very often at all.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
diamondback22,

Several month ago, I bought this one from Collector's Firearms in Houston, TX for $475. I estimate it to be minimum 93%+ condition and it is in .32-20 with a 6" barrel, manufactured in 1920. Here is a photo of the revolver. Hope this helps a little with the value.

By the way, I LOVE this Revolver and the caliber. I have a couple more DA in .32-20 and a couple of SAA in .32-20. A great caliber and glad to hear it is making a comeback.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.