Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,,just bought a 6" army mod after cleaning it up I noticed the colt logo had a large c through it,i just never seen this b4,,have you,,

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi Bountyhunter: Welcome to the Forum! That stylized C with the pony indicates that you have a pretty early gun. Wilson says that this feature was seen on the Army Special revolvers from about 1908 to 1913. I have always thought that marking was sort of elegant. Don't know why they switched away from it. If you get a chance, show us a pic of your piece. Charlie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-04//I see your in florida,,I'll be at the lakeland rod & gun club show in sept,, so end of row D in the main hall,next to amo guy,,,I'll send a picture to your e-mail,,,thankyou,,

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey BH: Yeah, I am going to try to make the Lakeland show. Best show in FL after the Colt show in Tampa in October. I will stop by your table and say hello. Lots of guys from FL on this Forum. Now I know why nice Colts are so hard to find down here! Charlie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea there are few old guns up here but these country boys think there worth gold though,,I moved from tampa 8 years ago,,retired cop from hillsborough co,,owned terrace gun and pawn also n tampa,,have had lots of goodies,,collect mostly mauser and fn's nowor other eed little rifles,,,this keeps the cop police of my but,,look foward in seeing you,,mickey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts