Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot one of my old Army Specials the other day. Winters coming on so it's cool enough now to go to an outdoors range. Gotta love winter.

Anyway, it was amazing how well the old thing did popping away at soda bottles on the 50 yard berm. Even with the old fixed sights, it was right on.

------------------
I'm so worried about what's hapenin' today, in the middle east, you know.
And I'm worried about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow.
I'm so worried about the fashions today, I don't think they're good for your feet.
And I'm so worried about the shows on TV that sometimes they want to repeat.

·
Premium Member
9,471 Posts
The nice thing about an old reblued AS is that you can shoot the heck out of it and not affect its value. They are amazing old guns, and will still do the job if necessary. The stocks look like Sile brand. Are they?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JudgeColt:
The nice thing about an old reblued AS is that you can shoot the heck out of it and not affect its value. They are amazing old guns, and will still do the job if necessary. The stocks look like Sile brand. Are they? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're the Sile stocks. I have the originals that came with it and boy were they carried lots.
I'll keep them around. Whoever did the reblue, and it looks like it was done some time ago, did a fair job. But almost all my guns are shooters anyway, except the Colt 1917. Still can't decide if I'll keep that one or not.

------------------
I'm so worried about what's hapenin' today, in the middle east, you know.
And I'm worried about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow.
I'm so worried about the fashions today, I don't think they're good for your feet.
And I'm so worried about the shows on TV that sometimes they want to repeat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts