Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
It's very odd...and 'flat'...

Maybe this was inspired by the 'Camp Perry' Model? ( Lol...)

Edited to add:

I just did a fast look to some of the Seller's other Auctions...and, the same odd 'flat' effect seems to be present with their other Colt Revolvers also, if maybe not quite so much.

How weird!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It's something to do with the camera and lens apparently.

I've seen those commemorative "Army Special" revolvers show up on the internet auctions occasionally. For some odd reason they intrigue me. I'd like to sneak up on one at a really good price. The prices seem to be ever higher though. I admire the original Army Special and its action design much more than the newer rendition.

·
Registered
151 Posts
He laid it on a flatbed scanner and that caused the flat effect. I happened to see a highway patrolman picture made that way and the poster said that was what caused that sffect.........

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The gun shown in the ad is a horrible reblue with the wrong grips. Update, I stand corrected on the reblue since it is a Commemorative with horrible original modern Colt blue! Anyway, Thank you for the correction on this!

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
The gun shown in the ad is a horrible reblue with the wrong grips.
I disagree. These guns are "commemoratives" and are usually found in as new condition. They are not "old" Army Special guns. The stocks are as the correct style for these guns. As mentioned, the fact that the gun was scanned and not photographed accounts for the terrible appearance in the listing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright thanks guys I was wonder how it appeared 'flat' makes sense if they used a scanner i guess

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
The gun shown in the ad is a horrible reblue with the wrong grips. Update, I stand corrected on the reblue since it is a Commemorative with horrible original modern Colt blue! Anyway, Thank you for the correction on this!

Ohhhh, Lol...that gave me a good chuckle...so true!

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
I never have noticed one with the caliber and army special markings on the right side of the barrel?

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
These guns were a special run in the 1990s. There was a fancier model with gold inlay work on the left side of the barrel, which probably explains why they placed the Army Special mark on the right side of the barrel. Keep in mind that these guns are not true Army Specials. I believe they were built on a modified Python frame.

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
These guns were a special run in the 1990s. There was a fancier model with gold inlay work on the left side of the barrel, which probably explains why they placed the Army Special mark on the right side of the barrel. Keep in mind that these guns are not true Army Specials. I believe they were built on a modified Python frame.
Got ya....never knew they did another run of them......I've had my head stuck in the single action hole most of my collecting life and there is a lot about double actions that I have never seen or heard of!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts