Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father gave me a pistol that belonged to his Uncle. It's a Colt semi-automatic, hammerless pistol with the following engravings:
Colts PT F A Mfg. Co. Hartford, CT USA. Also on the barrel are several patent dates with the last one being Sept. 3, 1918.
On the slide is marked COLT Automatic CAL .22 LONG RIFLe
Serial number 38286

Would anyone have any information about a pistol like this? Or how would I go about obtaining info on this weapon without getting a letter from COLT?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the Forum
Sounds like you have a 1st Series Colt Woodsman that would date to about 1923. Please post some pic's if you can. There are a lot of very knowledgeable members here on these pistols. Check out the link to this website for everything Colt Woodsman. Mr Rayburn is also a member of this forum.

www.colt22.com

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
My father gave me a pistol that belonged to his Uncle. It's a Colt semi-automatic, hammerless pistol with the following engravings:
Colts PT F A Mfg. Co. Hartford, CT USA. Also on the barrel are several patent dates with the last one being Sept. 3, 1918.
On the slide is marked COLT Automatic CAL .22 LONG RIFLe
Serial number 38286

Would anyone have any information about a pistol like this? Or how would I go about obtaining info on this weapon without getting a letter from COLT?
Thanks
Your gun would be considered a Pre-Woodsman made about 1924. The Woodsman name was adapted and guns so labeled about 1927. It would be safe to shoot Standard Velocity .22 LR ammunition in your gun assuming gun is in good functioning condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.