Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is a weird one for me.

At first glance it is a bit gaudy for me but as I keep looking I see beautiful bits here and there. But in answer to your question. I have to shoot everything I get. Sometimes I don't buy guns because they should not be shot and I know I will so... I run from them in hopes a real collector gets it and keeps it pure for future generations.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
It is very interesting, but does not fit part of my collection. The engraving has lots of details and it I think it would take a while to see everything.

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Looks like laser engraving. I just don't see paying that for a pistol just because it is advertised as being limited to a production of 300. After that there will probably be another limited edition of 300, creating another class of commemoratives. To each his own, but I had rather put my money into prewar Colts.

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,165 Posts
All that work into a Stainless Steel Pistol and it still has a Plastic trigger?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That looks a LOT deeper than a standard laser engraving.. though I confess I have no idea how that process has evolved.

Like, what would that even COST to provide a laser engraver an image and have it transferred on to that piece of steel?

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
That's interesting. I'm not usually a fan of Talo, but that's attractive.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
If somebody buys one they better expect to not make money on it. Back in 2006 I bought a Colt/Talo "Don't Tread on Me" for about $750 at a LGS. It was barely shot and had the Colt Custom Shop box, papers, two mags, etc. The MSRP on them was about $1200 at the time. Again it was a limited edition with a special serial number. Nice BBQ gun for the 4th of July however. The other side of the slide is blank by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
These will go up. Like them or not Talo struck a chord with this one. I just sold a 2008 production Day of the Dead for $15,000. Does that make sense? No. Is that the market? Absolutely!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
These will go up. Like them or not Talk struck a chord with this one. I just sold a 2008 production Day of the Dead for $15,000. Does that make sense? No. Is that the market? Absolutely!
That's a Mexican themed (DOTD)- so makes sense.

Is this Jaguar item a Mexican themed 38 Super also?

·
Registered
10,833 Posts

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,165 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts