Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the word today while at a gunshow, seems Colt is ceasing production of the Python and Anaconda. I believe this to be true as a trip to their website no longer shows these to fine revolvers.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
That's one heck of a way to celebrate a 50th Birthday isn't it.
That would be a heck of a collection.
One Python from every year.

They are no longer on the Colt website.
But, you can access them through the back door at Colt. Search "Colt Firearms Python" in your normal web search and you should still see the old page.

That's also what I'm hearing around the industry. I hear they want to specialize in Government contracts and get away from Civilian stuff altogether.

Anyone else confirm this ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I wish colt would be sold to someone who gives a damn.have you checked there news page? the last entry june 2004!sadly colt does not even matter anymore

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd hate to see them drop the two guns. If they do I think it is the beginning of the end for them unless they can get a government contract.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yeah I noticed this too; the conspicuous absence of their DA revolvers is a disturbing trend. I hope 22-rimfire's correct that it's only temporary.

A buddy of mine went to the SHOT show and brought me back a new Colt catalog. I can't wait to see if it reflects the same offerings as the website or if it's even just a reprint of the previous catalog.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,679 Posts
The "official" word from Colt is, the Anaconda and Python production has been temporarily halted for this year, while new production machinery is installed.

Production should re-start next year on the new equipment.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
With the new Machines installed,
maybe the Colt logo will now say made in Malasia or Brazil and the Python will now be $399 for an Ultimate Stainless finish in any of the new barrel sizes 2", 3", 4", 5", 6" and special 10 inch version. Porting is a free option as is your choice of Wood, laminated or rubber grips/stocks. Also it will come with a LIFETIME warranty that is transferable.
Ooops, wait, that's Taurus ... LOL

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts