Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering this firearm purchase... I was wondering if someone with more knowledge than myself could put date, value, etc. on this old Colt. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Revolver Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Revolver Metal

Thanks in advance...

Regards, KJ

·
Registered
359 Posts
Lookslike 1901. I am not a Bisley man so hopefully someone else who is will jump in. I am always leary when I see a part like the cylinder or triggerguard a different color than the rest of the aged gun. But the serial number on the triggerguard is the same as on the frame. Both show different wear and coloring. The cylinder does also but looks correct from your one pic. IF the top of the barrel has a two line address it would be correct for a 4 3/4". Colt started the Bisley Model in 1894 I believe and lasted about 20years.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Depending on condition of bore and chambers, and action; all notches working on hammer....$1500-$1800
I sure wish that was the case out here in So Cal, for some reason Bisleys seem to demand a premium. If I saw a Bisley like that at that price, I'd jump all over it. They are my favorite SA, and I've been without one for many years.

Best regards.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
The overall metal wear/condition does not seem to match the more pristine look of the grips and I wonder about the cylinder as well. All in all, if all original I would think a $2k range more appropriate.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Bisley's just do not sell. Dealers just want buy them unless it is CHEAP. Personaly, I like them and buy them I also bought "TWO" nice Bisleys at the Houston Gun Show-----One was a 7 1/2 barrel .41 Bisley and the other was a 32/20 , 7 1/2 barrel Bisley---$2,500 for both I once ask a ole Timer why Bisleys did not sell for more money His answere was " Did you ever see John Wayne shoot a Bad Guy with a Bisley?"

SwampRat---want to make $500 on the $1150 Bisley you bought in Houston Gun Show?

Ronin

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
"SwampRat---want to make $500 on the $1150 Bisley you bought in Houston Gun Show?"

Ronin,
You did good on those Bisleys,:) guess I should have gone to that show and given you some competition;)
That 45 is a keeper, think I'll hang onto it:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.