Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody I know has a Colt Bisley Model in .32-20 WCF made in 1904. He bought a .44 Special Barrel and .44 Special Cylinder, and a Hammer. He already replaced the Hammer and used the stirrup from the original hammer. I asked him if I could buy the parts he wants to replace. He said the barrel needs work on the stud, the cylinder needs a new bushing and the hammer needs to be welded and re-cut the notches. What would be a fair price to offer and then how much would the work cost to fix them. I could have Lever Action Bill do the work. I'm in Anaheim, Calif. Thanks in advance for any info. I'm also a SASS Life member Big Jake #1001

·
Registered
237 Posts
Value of Bisley parts is subjective. Do you need them for your Bisley? Condition is important. LAB should be able to give you a ballpark price. Is the barrel marked “Bisley”? Check the bore carefully, many barrels that I have seen have a ring on the inside. Story is 32-20 with a gas check could lose the gas check in the barrel.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Value of Bisley parts is subjective. Do you need them for your Bisley? Condition is important. LAB should be able to give you a ballpark price. Is the barrel marked “Bisley”? Check the bore carefully, many barrels that I have seen have a ring on the inside. Story is 32-20 with a gas check could lose the gas check in the barrel.
So true about .32-20s and barrel bulges. I got a .32-20 Bisley for real cheap when I pointed out the bulge. It’s a .44 Special now. It’s probably an illusion but the ejector housing looks slightly bent in that picture as it approaches the frame. The same gun shop I got my Bisley currently has another that was priced $1200 until they saw the frame was cracked! I started to ask what the consignment seller might take for it anyway (because the great parts) but couldn’t get an answer. It’s 7 1/2” .32-20, 7 1/2”, no finish. I might go ask again.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts