Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I aquired a Colt Bisley with King sights, at first I thought it was a great Colt that was destroyed because of the sight modification. But I have done a little research and found that there are collectors looking for models with the King sight conversion. Information is still very limited, so I was hoping to get a little more here on the Colt forums! And I believe King sight also did trigger and hammer work on Colts, how can I tell if it was done on this one. The action is incredibley smooth, but it's a Colt :). I have a one photo for now and will try and get a few more up soon.
Thanks in advance,

Kevin Colt Bisley -king sights.jpg

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yes, there are those who collect guns that King customized, but it is a niche market compared to those who collect original Colts and S&Ws. That is a nifty gun!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The King Catalog is very cool, I will have to look for one. Probably be harder than finding another Colt with King sights.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
31Colt

Years ago King would customise almost any handgun almost any way you wanted it. They were tops building super accurate target handguns. That could be a very nice example of what they used to do.

If that Colt were mine, there is no way I'd let it get away. It's value as a Colt probably has been de-valued, but as a shooter & representation of custom work, (especially if King did the work & can be documented) I think it's very valuable. I'd keep it, enjoy it, & shoot it. I'll bet it's extremly accurate.
Frank

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is in the 45LC and "king" is stamped on both the front and rear sights. Now I am just wondering if anything was done to the trigger and hammer?. Still looking for any advice on how I can tell?
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Re: the hammer and trigger, without it being a short action conversion or reshaping of the hammer spur, it would be hard to tell if they did anything to them.

I really like your gun and appreciate your sharing it with us. I like King guns.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Cubrock, I was just happy to see it was a King gun. It makes it a lot more interesting to me, gives me something else to research and educate myself with. Last year I picked up a John Jardines custom 1911, knew nothing about him and found out his guns are sought after aswell. It sure makes the gun collecting more fun with history behind them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts