Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a NIB 4" Blue Boa that supposedly only 600 were made. Price was $1,250 however Blue Book lists $695. What gives and what are these really worth?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
There is no Book on the Boa,IMHO. If a guy is collecting one each of all the "snakes" he is going to pay whatever if he needs a Boa, or Viper, or etc.. Most of us will never see a Boa, except in pictures. I saw one in the Baltimore area maybe eleven years ago and the guy wanted $750 for it back then. I'll bet you he sold it! Dick

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,914 Posts
Colt made 1200 Boa's for Lew Horton in 1985.

Price depends on who's selling and who's buying. You can ASK 12,000.00 for one and if someone is willing to pay it, I guess it's worth it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've only seen one Boa in person, at a gun show in 1997. It was priced at 700.00 and it sold the first day of the show...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The Boa would be the last snake I would look for to add to my lil reptile collection. If I were looking seriously today I would have $1000 on hand, but realize that may not even get me close. Since this adventure will be several years down the road I'm reserving myself that the snake collection may not ever be complete. Prices by then may very well be out the roof.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Both production figures are correct. Colt made 600 4" and 600 6", for a total of 1200. The statement that there are only 600 4" Boa models is accurate.

Here's a link to the only Boa(s) I've ever seen for sale--a matched set. The guy hasn't had a bidder in 6 months, but the price hasn't budged. I think someone told him that if he leaves them up there long enough, I'll cave in and buy them!

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=11940829

(Edited for spelling and grammer, because I have no skill for either)
[This message has been edited by Snake Eyes (edited 09-19-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Snake Eyes (edited 09-21-2003).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts